Manchester City Transport
Staff bulletin 1966
The annual bulletin for employees with facts, figures and developments.
Black and white, 22 pages plus cover, 2 photographs.
This is a scan of an original document, with signs of age in places.
- Review from the General Manager
- Financial results
- Traffic: Beeching Report, decline in passengers, car parking report, town planning and redevelopment, fares revision, ticket issuing machines, transportation survey, co-ordination of passenger transport in Greater Manchester, traffic observations by means of a tape recorder, use of two-way radio, Logabax machine, no right turn except for buses, accident overview, one-person operation.
- Engineering: double-deck bus design, chassis, single deck bus design, technical, floor cleaning, bus cleaning, Hyde Road Works modernisation, Hyde Road Garage, Rochdale Road, Parrs Wood Garage modernisation, Northenden, bus shelters, signs, etc.
- Personnel: number of employees, canteens, exams, appointments, promotions, retirements, long service awards, medical centre, works surgery and ambulance rooms, first aid training
- Parcels department overview
Manchester City Transport Annual Report to Staff - 1966
PDF digital download
Digital download product
- This is a digital product which is only available as a downloadable file.
- No physical product is available or will be sent.
- A link to the file will be available after payment has been made and you will also receive a download link (which will be valid for 30 days) in your confirmation email.
- Please contact us if you have any queries.